Coming Up With Great Persuasive Essays Topics: 10 Ideas
A good topic is a vital element of a winning persuasive essay, so pick an idea that you care about, examine it from multiple viewpoints, and research the subject effectively in the time given. To get started, you may consider one of the great suggestions provided below.
Choosing a Persuasive Essay Topic to Impress Your Instructor
- Do people become lazy because of technologies?
- Should hotels charge for Wi-Fi?
- Do social media create isolation?
- Should students be allowed not to complete homework?
- Does a relaxed dress code create a more casual and friendly workplace?
- Should security cameras be placed ubiquitously?
- Should elementary schools teach speed typing?
- Is public transportation a wiser choice than a personal car for city residents?
- Should health insurance be cheaper?
- Is professional sport too dangerous for athletes?
Technologies provide individuals with great opportunities, but many people in developed countries can no longer live without smart devices and the Internet.
Today, most hotels in the U.S. offer free Wi-Fi, while European hotels still charge a small fee.
Although most people use social media to communicate with their friends, some people think that this results losing contact with real life.
While some parents would like their children to study more, some educators insist that too much homework actually lowers student grades and causes stress.
While some individuals claim that such a dress code lowers productivity, others agree that it’s convenient and easier to follow.
Security cameras are used to protect the general public and businesses, but some individuals argue that being under surveillance invades their privacy.
Handwriting seems unnecessary these days, so why should students spend so much time learning and reading it? It’s better to learn to type instead.
Driving can be exhausting, especially if you have to spend hours in traffic jams, so taking a bus looks like a great alternative.
Medical expenses are hard to cover without a proper insurance, which should be affordable for everyone.
Although the athletes know the risks, the rules should be changed to help them prevent injuries.
Avoiding Common Mistakes While Selecting a Topic
- It’s difficult to persuade the readers if you aren’t knowledgeable about the subject.
- You won’t be able to create an effective argument if you’re extremely passionate about the essay topic.
- You should be able to research a chosen point effectively within the time provided.
- It’s recommended to avoid over-done general prompts; rather, write about something that you can make a bit personal.