A List Of Controversial Middle School Opinion Essay Topics
Have you been given an opinion essay to write? If so, you may be wondering what this type of essay is all about. Well, it simply means you get to have an opinion on a topic. The opinion that you give should be well-balanced and objective. It should also be supported by other sources and other people’s viewpoints, and you should state opposing views as well.
Now you know what an opinion essay is, the first thing you need to do is select a topic. It is always best to pick something that you already know something about and which you are passionate about. The more of an interest you have in the topic and the more you have an emotional viewpoint on it, the more this will create a good paper.
If you don’t know where to begin in picking topics, here is a list to help you think about what subject you might choose yourself.
- Should students wear uniforms?
- Should the death penalty be abolished in the U.S?
- Is social media addictive?
- We have a minimum wage, so should we have a maximum wage?
- Should fracking be banned?
- Should students have shorter school days?
- Should healthcare be free for everyone in the U.S?
- Should education be free for everyone in the U.S?
- Why we should have a living wage rather than a minimum wage.
- Should the age limit for alcohol consumption be lowered?
- Should there be more security at schools?
- Is technology dominating our lives too much?
- Should there be tighter control over the internet?
- Is global cooling real?
- Are video games addictive?
Those are just a few ideas to get you started. If you need more topic examples, you will be able to find plenty on the internet. Make sure you look on educational and renowned websites to make sure you are getting the very best examples. You could also engage with other students on networking sites to see if they have any advice, as well as discussing the matter with your class friends.
If you are still stuck and need more assistance, then just have a chat with your teacher. Sometimes it helps to talk ideas through to find out which path you should take, and there is no one better than your teacher to help you do so. Don’t be afraid to ask – your teacher will be only too pleased to help you.